Monday, August 2, 2010

The Maiden Venture

This exotic medium is all so new to me that I feel just a tad intimidated and a scosh challenged.  However, the doing of things new and different is said to combat the effects of mental aging, so even for just that reason, it's worth a "go".   I've attempted to add a snapshot I took of a Lahaina sunset on the island of Maui.  Previews show no such addition - so please, don't expect perfection for awhile with my entries.
            The focus of this blog will vary from one day to the next and will be very mood dependent.  For example, when I am in a mild state of euphoria (such as today) I might be given over to posting about the San Francisco Giants, and their domination of the Dodgers.  If I hear the beckoning of far away places, I'll probably write about where we've been or wish to visit. If I'm snorting fire, it will probably be a day for a political rant. Those of you who've been invited to this blog already know of my affiliations, and are hereby forewarned. (hah!) Please, feel free to add your two cents-worth at any time.   I'll keep you apprised whenever "something new has been added."
HLR
            

5 comments:

  1. what a lovely "gift" to open and see this, a welcome writing endeavor from my favorite godfather! [ok so you're my only godfather -- doesn't mean you can't still be my favorite, right?]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hal,

    We appreciate the blog and especially your bio.
    Now we can appreciate how your far left political positions originated--in the far left coast. You had no options.

    Perhaps this will cause smoke and fire from our hill top neibors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hal,

    Nostalgia reigned supreme in SF last weekend. Unfortunately the Giants were not in town, otherwise we would have attended. We like the blog, keep it up.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether a chant or a rant. it'll be trustworthy coming from one whose intelligent mind and inspired spirit are alive and deeply engaged. Thank you, Hal! When I turn on the computer I am going to the brain gym where every day I can learn something new and am often inspired, then, to create something new. It's a wonderful thing to live long enough to have computers in our level rooms, a cyber spaceship at our fingertips. Viva, the miracle of modern technology. Techne means to weave, and striving for excellence, let us continue to weave wonders of thought and discover until our last breath. Alla+

    ReplyDelete